- What we read in 2015. Mint’s editors, writers and columnists pick the best book they read in the year gone by. 31 December 2015.
- The National Pension System needs a big push. Unsigned edit. 31 march, 2015.
- Amartya Sen on the smugness of cynicism that nothing can be done. Amartya Sen speaks about the key arguments in his new book co-authored with Jean Dreze. 23 July 2013.
- Tinkering with insurance. The government is yet to understand the role of insurance from the consumer’s point of view. Unsigned edit. 14 January, 2013.
- Financial Redressal Agency to be set up to deal with complaints. Unified Financial Agency on cards. 1 October, 2012.
- Housekeeping changes at Sebi. Sebi should keep an ear open to hear the criticisms of the reform measures announced last week. Unsigned edit. 19 August, 2012.
- PFRDA uses a supply-side hammer on a demand-side issue. Fund managers can synchronize actions with sales point, making NPS like other products in the market. 1 August 2012.
- A man for all seasons. India’s worst FM? Quick Edit. 20 June, 2012.
- Protecting bank customers. Half clab for RBI Governor Subbarao. Unsigned edit. 19 August, 2012.
Troubling times at LIC. Can IRDA allow LIC to own more of a company than the Act allows? Unsigned edit. 28 March, 2012.
Government as a microlender. The AP government killed a market in its quest to get the micro finance business. Unsigned edit. 24 June, 2011.
A dubious marketing idea. MLMs in finance are bad news. Unsigned edit. 29 May, 2011.
Consumer focus in finance. Product recalls are not possible in finance, need better ex-ante regulation. Unsigned edit. 15 May, 2011.
A failure of self-regulation. Indian investors got nothing from the Satyam scam. Unsigned edit. 5 May, 2011.
Mis-selling, once again. IRDA must abandon plans to sell micro insurance through business correspondents. Unsigned edit. 11 April, 2011.
Old challenges, new Sebi chief. UK Sinha takes over from CB Bhave. Unsigned edit. 17 February, 2011.
The taming of a regulator. Unsigned edit. 30 June, 2010.
A reform continuum. Unsigned edit. 2 June, 2010.
Regulatory turf battles. An ugly fight between regulators is bad news for the market. Unsigned edit. 22 February, 2010.
- How to save 30-40% of your income
- How much do you need to retire
- How much money do I need to retire?
- Why we stick with SIPs and not endowment plans
- Getting that real estate kind of feeling again?
- Would you like to ‘port’ your insurance policy?
- The ‘two minute’ mutual fund
- Debt funds are not risk-free. Tread carefully
- Markets are rising. Be alert to hard sales